Friday, August 13, 2010

Relay for Life 2010

Last Friday we walked around the hospital lake for the 2010 Des Moines Co. Relay for Life. I have been participating in Relay for the last 6 years, it is a cause that I am happy to support. Cancer has touched many of our loves ones lives, so we walk to remember the ones who have passed and honor the ones who are still with us.


My Grandma's luminary had a Lighting McQueen sticker on it, I thought it was fitting since Tanner's favorite movie is Cars!


My Aunt's luminary

My brother-in-law's, Andrew, luminary
Tanner walking with Alexa

This week I had a few slow days with kids on vacations and summer winding down, today I had a garage sale at Rose's (my mother-in-laws), I have been cleaning out closets here & there & going through toys. I filled the back of Chad's truck & had to put a few things in my car! Yep I had lots of things!! The amount of clothes I had was crazy!! But I sold lots of things today and I will be out there doing it again tomorrow. I am hoping to not bring much home with me...Chad said I shouldn't bring any of it home..but it's nice, clean clothes that may still find their way to the resale shop!








School starts next Thursday, so I will have 3 kids and then our 2, & one of my families is expecting a baby in another week, I am excited to get to watch another one of their children grow! I love my job and will miss my "big kids" as they prepare for another school year!

No comments: