Thursday, January 8, 2009

Saying goodbye

I just wanted to let everyone know how greatful we are for all the kind words, thoughts of our family, and prayers. This week has been very rough for our family. I lost one of my closest family members, my Grandma. She passed away on Tuesday morning at the Great River Hospice House. She was very special to me, I spent many days and nights with her when I was little, and talked to her everyday on the phone. I caught myself dialing her number the other day, because I am in the habit of calling her. Madison doesn't completely understand what is going on, Chad, & I read a couple books about death to her, we told her that Grandma went to heaven and is our special angel, & she will be in our hearts forever. Tonight we have the visitation and tomorrow is the funeral. I am very thankful for the love and support that I have received from all of my family and friends. The next few days are not going to be easy, but we will make it through. I have very special memories of my Grandma and it has been nice visiting with family at the hospice house and in the last few days. We got bears from the hospice house that they gave to all the patients and then my mom bought all the grand kids one. My cousin bought a red bird to be buried with my Grandma, and I bought one for Maddy and Tanner, Maddy has been carrying it around and she slept with it last night. She loved to go and visit Grandma & talk to her on the phone. I am going to miss my Grandma dearly, but she will never be forgotten.
On a happier note, Tanner has really started walking this week! He also likes to try and climb on stuff. He is always busy doing something. Madison has dance tomorrow, finally after being off for three weeks. I am ready for things to get back to normal. Since the holidays, I have only worked 1 or 2 days for the last 3 weeks. I am grateful to all my daycare parents for working with me the last few weeks, from the kids being sick and now with the passing of my Grandma, I am ready to get back all the kids back into our narmal routine. I spend a lot of time with my daycare kids and I miss seeing them all, most of them I have been their childcare provider since they were babies. Thanks again to all of you for your love and support, Krystal

No comments: