Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas week and Eve with the Klein's

So after the Klein Christmas the kids went to my parent's house for the night, we got a call early the next morning because Madison was sick. She had been up the night before puking all over my sister's bed! UGH!!! So we went to get her and after we picked her up she only got sick once, and she took a very long nap. I decided to take Monday off to be on the safe side, I didn't want to share this illness with the other families right before Christmas. Monday afternoon she was feeling better, so Grandma Rose was planning on having all the grandkids over for supper and a little party. I was getting the kids ready to go, & then Tanner starts getting sick all over! UGH!!! So Leah was a lifesaver and came to get Maddy for me, and Tanner and I snuggled in for a LONG night! I called all my daycare parents yet again and told them about Tanner. I had already decided to take Wednesday and Thursday off, I still had shopping to do! But this stomach bug had other ideas for me! I ended up with it next...UGH!!! I still had gifts to buy and others to wrap I didn't have time for this!! I started feeling somewhat better by Wednesday night, which was a good thing, I still needed to clean up the house for Christmas Day with the family! Luckily Chad didn't work long on Wednesday, so he took the kids for the afternoon, so I could rest. The problem was in the time the kids and I were home, they got nasty colds that they could not get rid of. Tanner ended up having to go to the doctor, his eye was very swollen from drainage and I was worried about letting it go. The week of Christmas was a long one, but by Christmas everyone was feeling somewhat better!

Our Christmas Eve tradition is to go to my parent's house and do Christmas with them. The kids got lots of toys and cute clothes. We had fun, but Chad and I still had work to do when we got home!

The only thing that was missing this year was my Grandma Hopson, she has a stoke last December 26th and ended up passing away January 6th, 2009. We miss her very much, and this Christmas was very difficult for me.

No comments: