Friday, November 26, 2010

What a week

Well thought I would get you caught up on what we have been up to lately.

I went to the doctor last week for my normal check-up, & Madison was able to go with me, she was excited! I have lost 5 lbs in the last month, but that is what I did when I was pregnant with Tanner, so they weren't too concerned. I have been feeling nauseous a lot lately, and it usually lasts a few days at a time, I'm hoping that I get over it soon. I would also like to have motivation again, by the time the kids leave at night...I'm tired and don't feel like doing much! Also at my appt. we got to hear the heart beat for the first time, it was 150, makes it seem more real when you hear the heartbeat! I go again the 14th of December, so I will update again after that appointment.

On Tuesday, Maddy had to make a quick trip to the doctor. She has had a cold for awhile and it seems like when she gets a cold, she gets an ear infection. She does indeed have a double ear infection. She doesn't like the meds they put her on, but she takes them so she can get feeling better!

We have also been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving/Christmas. Thanksgiving was yesterday, and we had a great day with our families! We spent the early afternoon with Chad's side of the family and our brother-in-laws family. It was a good time with lots of yummy food...I probably gained back the 5lbs I lost last month with all the food we ate yesterday! After we ate and visited for a bit, we headed to my parent's house. We didn't eat much, but I did snack on some ham and the kids and Chad enjoyed some pumpkin pie. We had fun playing Wii, and then there was a card game going for awhile. My Grandparent's and my Aunt also came out, it was a nice time spent with the important people in our lives!

Today is Black Friday! And you know I was one of the crazy people out shopping! I picked up Rose (Chad's mom) at 3:15 am, and we headed to Kohl's. I got a few things, and then had to wait in line for an hour and a half!!! Wow not sure the deals I got were worth it, but oh well! We then headed to Wal-Mart. I was hoping to get my hands on a laptop for Chad and I, our desktop has been acting up and since we moved the computer upstairs we don't use it much. We got there at 5 am when their electronics sale started, but there were no computers left! I was bummed, but I asked a younger kid working and he walked towards a manager and asked him, & I followed & the manager happened to have one in his hands, it was the last one and another customer didn't want it. I said I'll take it!! Wasn't sure if it was what I wanted or even how much it was, but I took it so Rose and I could look at it. I ended up buying it and we love it!! We finished at Wal-Mart, then continued our rounds around town. It was a successful day, but I still have more shopping to do. Our kids are mostly done, just need to find Mads some clothes and stocking stuffers. I am hoping maybe I can do some shopping here and there, but it feels good to have some stuff bought! We were done around 11:30 ish, and I was so tired when I got home. I think I might have had 2 hrs of sleep, so I was glad to take a nap this afternoon, but my hands are swollen some and I hurt all over! Thanks to Rose for going with me today, and a big thanks to Alexa for watching the kids till Chad got home!

Tomorrow is also going to be a busy day! I am hoping to go help decorate the dance studios float for the parade if we can get moving in the morning! Then we also need to go to the grocery store and I am hoping to relax for a few hours and maybe do some cleaning! The parade is at 5 tomorrow, then we might go bowling!

Sunday~ Chad's bday....he will be the big 3-0!! I'm not sure if he is hunting in the morning, but I want to be able to relax, then we are going out for a family dinner! The rest of the weekend is going to be a busy one, but it will be fun! I have a feeling December is going to be a BUSY month and it's going to go quick!!

Well until next time....

No comments: