Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where do I begin?

I'm not sure where to start...a lot has happened since I last updated, so here goes....

Chad's brother, Andrew, had his back surgery last Friday (April 15th) in Iowa City, it took over 10 hours. He was in IA City for a week, but I'm happy to say, he got the best birthday present yesterday (April 22nd)...he was able to be transported back to GRMC for physical therapy. He isn't sure how long he will be in the hospital, but it's nice to have him back close to home! We took the kids to see him last night, he is in good spirits & doing well, but it will take some time to rebuild his strength.

Last Sunday (April 17th) heaven gained another angel. Chad's Grandma Klein past away. It was a very unexpected phone call to get first thing in the morning. Everything happened quickly with it being Holy Week, the visitation was held Monday night and her funeral was Tuesday. We were able to visit with all the family over the past week, and it was good to be with everyone, but it's still hard to believe that she is gone. She was an amazing women, and it breaks my heart knowing that the baby never got to meet her, but I'm glad Madison & Tanner got to know her. She will be deeply missed by all of us.

On Tuesday (April 19th), I received a text from my cousin, Kim, about my Aunt Bettie, she wanted to let me know that my Aunt was being moved out of ICU! After a long few days, it was nice to get some good news! She still has a long recovery ahead of her, but she is a fighter & we are all hoping for the best.

I also had my 37 wk appointment this week, and all is well with the baby. If he doesn't come before I am scheduled to have my c-section May 6th. Next week will be my last full week of work, I'm really going to miss my daycare kiddos while I am off, but I know I will need a few weeks to recover after having the baby. I have most things ready for the baby, I have thought about starting to pack my bag...but....I haven't done it yet. I go back Wednesday...so I am trying to hang in there, but it has been hard since there has been so much going on this past week.

Ok I think I have got you caught up, but please continue to keep my brother-in-law, Aunt, and all the Klein's in your thoughts and prayers as this has been a very emotional week.

No comments: