Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fish Update

Well the Klein family is back to mom, dad, 2 kids, and 2 dogs, the fish are no longer with us. We had a very hard time keeping them alive and out of the filter. We bought a 5 gallon tank that came with a filter, new rocks, and some coral for decorations, maybe if we would have kept them in the small tank we would of had better luck! We were down to 1 of the original fish, so we took the kids back to Wal-Mart and bought 8 more and a sucker fish, they did well for a few days and then we started losing them. Chad fixed the filter tube with craft wire, so they couldn't get sucked up it, but then the fish started getting their tails caught. I had had enough, so after the last few fish died I cleaned the tank and put it in storage for awhile. I know the kids liked helping take care of the fish, & watching them, but when I was constantly flushing them, then buying more, I was done. I told Maddy in a few weeks, maybe we could get new fish and try it again, but until then we are fish free!!

No comments: