Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tanner's surgery

I thought I would do a quick update about Tanner's surgery...all went well and he is feeling much better. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am yesterday, he was taken to day surgery around 8ish and then we waited for them to come and get him for awhile. I thing the nurse came in around 8:45, I got to go into recovery with him about 9:30. He was quite crabby and restless when I saw him, which is understandable, one of the nurses gave him 2 shots to help calm him down, he had a IV in his hand. He didn't like it and was trying to pull it out, luckily he ended up calming down and then we went back to his room in the peds department. He slept for awhile and then we got him to drink some juice and after he had a wet diaper we were able to leave. We got home with him around 12. He had quite the day and was a very brave little boy!! The only problem we have with him is, he doesn't like his ear drops!! He goes back to the doctor in 2 weeks for a hearing test and a check up. Well I better scoot, time to get the kiddos ready for trick or treat!

No comments: