Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas is over, & I'm sad to say, but I'm kinda glad! It was fun watching the kids open their gifts & it was great spending time with family, but I'm worn out!
Christmas Eve day started off not so great, but by the end of the day, it was a great day. I woke up Christmas Eve day to Chad asking if I smelled something burning, after being up for a few minutes, I could. We checked out the house and couldn't see a visible fire, but it smelled, I was ready to call the fire department! For some reason the smell was worse upstairs and in Madison's room. Chad was feeling walls to make sure there wasn't a fire in a wall somewhere, & for some reason I put my nose to the vent and it was coming from the basement. After some checking we found out that the furnace had stopped working sometime in the night and that's where the smell is coming from. Chad called one of my daycare families dad's who does some work on furnaces, he told Chad to reset it, so we could have heat, then we called someone to come in and look at it. We ended up having to get a new fan motor....Merry Christmas to us!
I worked Christmas Eve day till about 2, then we finished getting ready and headed to Nana and Papa's (my parent's) house. It took a little longer to get there since it had been snowing. We had a great time with my family. The kids got lots of gifts, that they love! Madison got the walking dog that she wanted and Tanner got Stinky the Garbage truck! We got home around 11 and put the kids to bed.
We had a great time Christmas Day, starting with us kinda waking the kids up...that was a mistake later in the day! The kids had to make sure Santa ate his cookies and drank the chocolate milk that they left for him, then it was time for gifts! Santa must of thought they were good kids this year, because they got lots of stuff! Madison got a camera, and Tanner's big gift was his leapster. They both had fun opening their gifts and enjoyed playing with all their new toys! I said to Chad that I was glad that I remembered to buy more trash bags, and Maddy said to me, "Mommy, I'm sorry Santa brought us all this stuff."


Later in the afternoon the Klein side of the family came to our house and we had lots of yummy food! Chad did a great job on the ham! After we ate, then we let the kids open their presents. That's about the time that Tanner needed a nap! He got a pillow pet from my sister, Alexa, so he layed on the floor and tried to open his presents. He loves his naps and we can tell when he doesn't get one! After all the gifts were open, it was time to open all the packages and let the playing begin! The kids had a great time and the adults all played Apples to Apples. When everyone left, we were all so worn out I left the rest of the mess till Sunday.



We had a great time spending time with all our family!








No comments: