Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Holiday Season is in full swing

Hello everyone hope all of you are safe at home. The kids and I had a close call tonight, but more on that later. Today we celebrated Christmas with the women on my dad's side. We haven't gotten together for two years I think, we had the party at the American Inn. Madison had fun swimming with the older kids and Tanner got to play with his cousin who is 2 months older than him. We ate way too much food and we played the dirty Santa game. I ended up with a glass bowl, not sure what I will do with it, I am scared that it may get broken. I had a really cute snowman trio that my mom brought, but someone took it (that's what happens in the dirty Santa game), good thing I know where my mom got it at. Tanner got so new balls to play with, that he loved, Madison got a new barbie and some rings, my Aunt works for Clinque so Madison's favorite gift was the lip stick. Every time we are at the mall, she has to go see Ruthann to get lip gloss. The weather was nice when we got to the party, but when the kids and I were leaving, it was not so nice. My van was frozen, so I let it run to get the doors to open, then the kids and I started on our way home. We got to the frontage road just fine, then next thing I know my van is acting funny, and then my ABS service light came on, and the stability control service light, and the traction control light. I pulled into the mall and called Chad, who was at home, he told me to try and drive where there were no cars, and try to get the brakes to unfreeze. He thought maybe they were frozen or there was ice on them, so I did that, & it didn't make a difference. He ended up coming to get us, because while I was driving a guy stopped me and said my rear tire wasn't moving (no wonder I was having a hard time). I called Chad again, crying this time, he ended up getting us, I was scared & frustrated since I had the kids, and the car wasn't driveable. Chad tried to get the wheel to unlock, but it wouldn't, so the van is at the mall. I am praying that no one hits it, we might have to have it towed to Shottenkirk, but luckily it is still under warranty. So our good day turned into a stressful one. Hope everyone stays safe in this nasty weather.

No comments: